Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Summer Menu ~ Dualities

I have to say that I haven't cooked a large production meal in a while. Since Zack-I my roommate was leaving for Burning Man on Sunday, I thought I'd make a nice meal at home for him and his sister, and another foodie friend of ours. I wanted the menu to be interesting, yet be something that very much said "summer." Each of the dishes had one key ingredient used two ways. Here's my menu:

From the Garden:

"Tomayto/Tomahto Caprese Tartlet" of fresh and confit tomato served alogside a Chilled Shot of Heirloom Tomato, Cucumber, and Spice Gazpacho


From the Ocean:

Scallop Carpaccio with cedar smoked white peach and yuzu ponzu. Complimented by Seared Scallop wrapped in guanciale and stuffed with summer black truffles.

From the Farm:

Lamb chop served with summer fig and red wine compote, Lamb Shank braised in red wine and porcinis. Both accompanied by saffron cous-cous.

Something Sweet:

Cremes Brulees -- toasted sesame seed, and dragonfruit


The menu was a success, and everyone seemed to love it. I even got Zack-I who normally doesn't do raw seafood not only to try the scallop carpaccio, he actually even liked it. All in all a great meal for all of us.

Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I... miss... your cooking DDx You should give me mum lessons, I beg of you!

~Your daughter

Zacki said...

So darn good!